‘For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.’ Isaiah 9:6
700 years before Jesus was born these words were written. 2000 years after his birth we continue to worship Jesus, the born, crucified and risen king. I want to take this opportunity to wish you all a happy Christmas. May the message of Jesus be believed in your heart and proclaimed with your lips this year.
Here’s a bit of what is happening around ABC...
- I’m on leave as of tomorrow until the 27th of December. John and Jordan will be looking after the next 2 weekend services and Christmas.
- A reminder that our Christmas Eve Service is 6pm and Christmas Day 9am. There will be no Saturday service on 26th December
- Thanks for your prayers for Katie and Dan Patterson who had Covid. God has answered those prayers and they and their children are going well. Sorry for those who thought I was referring to our local Patterson’s and not our overseas missionaries
- A big thank you for everyone who has served us this year. A Reminder that we are giving people the opportunity at the moment to sign up for 2021 serving opportunities. In mid-January the next year roster will come out, so don’t leave your volunteering too late.
- We’ve had a few more questions about the grand piano. The plan is to trial the grand piano up the front, but off the stage, in the near future and see how that goes. Please be patient with us as we continue to trial a few things with sound, lighting and set up. No permanent decisions have been made in these areas- we are just enjoying trialing some of the new flexibilities the upgraded building provides.
- The Well Café will open in February. We have had 2 people volunteer to learn to use the coffee machine to use on Sundays. Anyone else or we’ll just be looking at a fancy machine while drinking Nescafe 43 next year on Sunday mornings.
- COVID sign up will continue when you come to church until the government tells us others otherwise.
- Term 1 next year we will be doing a topical series on godly relationships. As Christians who live according to God’s word and who are empowered by God’s Spirit we should have the best marriages, families and friendships in the community. Term 1 will give an opportunity to grow in this. We will also be asking that every married couple read a book on marriage together, or do a marriage course of a marriage weekend. Stay tuned for more on this.
- Growth Groups will begin again in 2021 after a year of doing First Things. Where possible we are looking at creating groups that are intergenerational, geographically locates and focus on going deeper with the sermon series we are preaching. Again stay tuned on this.
- Most ministry areas have now gone into break for Christmas and won’t resume until early February (Seniors 17th Feb). While things are in recess have a rest and also look out for one another, especially those who are in need.
- Our office is open form 9am to 12pm on weekdays. Please try and make sure you visit within those hours so we can best serve you.
Have a great Christmas